Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #26
SupportTank

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
You actually got it. My statment is about as nonsensical as what you wrote... "less then 200 years ago people getting married at 12 wasn't unheard of. 18 is a silly age." What people were doing millions of years ago, or just 200 years ago is irrelevant.
Actually its not.

its your OPINION that what people were doing 200 years ago is Irrelevant. You have completely missed my point on my first post.

let me attempt. Once. to let some light in. 200 years ago and farther. They ACKNOWLEDGED the fact that kids are going to fool around no matter what you did and how you educated them. Their solution was to marry them off early and head off the problem before it became one.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
ShardmoonVer.1

You cant make it situational, Wildane, or you will expand the governments control even more. Are some kids better able to handle a relationship at earlier ages? Of course they are. Do we really want to spend our resources on figuring out which kids those are? And is the teacher who fucked the kid qualified to make that decision?

You cant turn the legal system in to a crap shoot intentionally.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #28
ShardmoonVer.1

Support, do you really think kids married earlier because the parents knew they were gonna have sex at an early age? Until Happy Days started airing in the late 70s, parents gave less than 2 shits about what their kids wanted. Kids got married early because the little fuckers were expensive to care for when all you have to eat is dirt and dirt based desserts. The quicker you got them off your books, the sooner you can afford the better things in life. Salt for your dirt.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #29
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
let me attempt. Once. to let some light in. 200 years ago and farther. They ACKNOWLEDGED the fact that kids are going to fool around no matter what you did and how you educated them. Their solution was to marry them off early and head off the problem before it became one.
Support, I understand your point, but 200 years ago we did many things differently than we do today. Arguing that 200 years ago we had a practice of marrying off 12 year old girls, so we should lower the age of consent today is just... well... silly. 200 years ago we practiced slavery, too. Arguing that we should practice slavery because we did it 200 years ago would be an argument that likely wouldn't fly with you. Somethings, like pedophilia, are just plain wrong no matter if and when it was practiced.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #30
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
I didnt post this because of the issue of female teachers banging male students. We all know thats illegal. Of course all the straight guys here would have banged their teachers if it was an option, but the law is the law.

I just thought that was the best website ever.
Why limit it to straights? There were some teachers I would have banged if it was an option too.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #31
ShardmoonVer.1

Yeah, but they dont print those stories in the US, unless the teacher is a republican.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #32
Michael Cumberlan

200 years ago they married at a younger age because they were SEXUALLY mature ... aka could bear/foster children ... the world was a much different place back then ... you had a lot of kids ... hoped some survived to "maturity" and then they got married and carried along the family genes ... kids may not have been mentally mature at that age, but who could have told sharecropper Bob or washerwoman Sally that??

It WAS a different world back then ... the point about millions of years of evolution is still valid in this discussion - the males and females are physically mature enough to participate in mating with the distinct possibilty of reproduction - which some argue is to a certain extent part of our unconscious or animal origin. It actually TAKES effort to not behave like a monkey and try to screw everything in sight; easier for some harder for others, but there is the very real physical reaction to other "fertile" humans which most people fail to acknowledge because "man is better than animals!"

Don't get me wrong - I am not advocating this behavior, but it is just silly to not recognize that the problem to a certain extent exists in our hardwiring ...

P.S. I am also ignoring arranged marraiges, which are in fact also done in many cases at a young age, but they are all about the financial/political benefits to the parents, and don't really have anything to do with sex per se.
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #33
SupportTank

Support, do you really think kids married earlier because the parents knew they were gonna have sex at an early age? Until Happy Days started airing in the late 70s, parents gave less than 2 shits about what their kids wanted. Kids got married early because the little fuckers were expensive to care for when all you have to eat is dirt and dirt based desserts. The quicker you got them off your books, the sooner you can afford the better things in life. Salt for your dirt.
Shard your wrong on this one. Children were assets, extra mouths yes. Also Extra hands. Boys were considered more valuable then girls since they could work harder. Girls were considered extra mouths and basically sold for the most part.

One of the Uglier reasons they married early was to make sure the boy AND his family got the dowry early. have a look around some old farm houses sometime. you will notice that in many cases theres two houses there. It wasn't a upgrade. it was to keep the boy and his new wife on the farm instead of moving away. would you consider That to be getting rid of them asap?

It was almost never the kids decision.

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #34
SupportTank

In any case. I am not advocating 12 year olds here people. I am talking biology, Not society. peoples views are warped by the society they grow up in. That includes me. and all of you.

Facts are Society fights biology on this and loses. Not every time. But often enough I question the value of the societies decision.

Part of the reason I argue this is Huge amounts of the values that North America has, is from a book written by insane people, people that weren't there, and people looking to create a power base through society control. namely the bible.

Don't get me wrong. I think the bible has lots of good things going for it. but those things can be used without the irrationality of the rest of it.

And in saying so. Most people base their decisions about laws and sex on how they feel. which they learned from a irrational book or someones Whacky interpretation of that book =>

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 05-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #35
Lurikeen
Freaky

Support, the Bible doesn't set age limits for marriage. If I am not mistaken a woman was able to be given in marriage when she had her first menstration. That is a purely biological definition of when a girl becomes a woman and can marry.

I think you are confusing what has become a societal norm with what the Bible says, which is actually nothing when it come to set ages of consent.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #36
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

You cant make it situational, Wildane, or you will expand the governments control even more.
Well, that's true. It sucks that we have to compromise between what's fair and what's expedient. The justice system should be completely fair, but testing each one individually would take time.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote