Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
Like I said.. who cares.
Of course you don't care. That's pretty much my point. Thanks for proving it for me. Why don't you get back to something important now, like who's gonna win Survivor this year?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #27
ShardmoonVer.1

I am always glad to help
Old 10-05-2007, 09:03 AM   #28
furo

Like I said.. who cares.

The best scenerio would have been if crazy asshole vet had done this in Texas and got shot for it. Which dumb ass behaviour would have trumped the other. The right to shoot people on your property or the right to go on to some one elses property and destroy it. Inquiring minds want to know.
Texas law forbids unloading a firearm against a person in this case. Unless the Vet went into the store owner's home to steal his Mexican flag, the owner doesn't have the right to shoot him just because he cuts down the flag on his property.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #29
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I highly doubt shard is an American and if so I would almost bet that he is an immigrant that has no respect for the country and is just here because his shit hole country could not support him and ours will.

Then again I could be wrong and he could be a direct decendant of Benedict Arnold.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #30
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Now Shard isn't even an American? I had no idea it was so easy to lose someone's citizenship. Turns out, all you have to do is be critical of what Axgar deems appropriately patriotic.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:26 AM   #31
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
Now Shard isn't even an American? I had no idea it was so easy to lose someone's citizenship. Turns out, all you have to do is be critical of what Axgar deems appropriately patriotic.
No, Shard's most likely American, and a child of the 90s.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #32
ShardmoonVer.1

I am American enough to let the little shit go. Like weak message board insults questioning my American-atude or age. And even more proof of my American-zenship is my ability to laugh at them and not get worked up.

/flex feel my internet muscle of love
Old 10-05-2007, 11:37 AM   #33
Veo

Don't tease Brigiid like that!
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:45 AM   #34
Axgar

I am American enough to let the little shit go. Like weak message board insults questioning my American-atude or age. And even more proof of my American-zenship is my ability to laugh at them and not get worked up.

trypical liberal let 911 go.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:45 AM   #35
ShardmoonVer.1

Just because you handed in your sack after 9/11, dont expect every one else to.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:37 AM   #36
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Veo View Post
Don't tease Brigiid like that!
Hey! What about me!

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:03 AM   #37
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Hey! What about me!
YOU like it.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 AM   #38
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I am American enough to let the little shit go.
When you let the little shit go, you soon find out that the Big shit is gone too.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #39
Brigiid

I don't think you have to be 100% balls-to-the-wall GI Joe that brings down the wrath of God on anything that even thinks about looking funny at anything remotely American...in order to be a good American. You can be a patriot without being a fanatic. You can be a 'good American' and still temper patriotism with realism and common sense.

I don't see Shard's statements as unpatriotic.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #40
ShardmoonVer.1

Being unpatriotic is the new.. patriotic.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM   #41
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
I don't think you have to be 100% balls-to-the-wall GI Joe that brings down the wrath of God on anything that even thinks about looking funny at anything remotely American...in order to be a good American. You can be a patriot without being a fanatic. You can be a 'good American' and still temper patriotism with realism and common sense.

I don't see Shard's statements as unpatriotic.
I don't either... Just very apathetic.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #42
ShardmoonVer.1

I wish I cared enough to respond.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:24 PM   #43
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
But you already have. I am in agreement with Brigiid's statement about don't have to be die hard to be patriotic. However, I like most people on here saw something that torqued me the wrong way and I posted about it, said my peace, and went on.

Most people from the MT boards know nothing about Zolmaz. He was a hardcore patriot.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #44
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Drysdale
I don't either... Just very apathetic.
There's still an implication that he's slowly pissing away liberties or Americanisms if he doesn't feel more strongly about this. I think that's an extreme response to what he said.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:13 PM   #45
ShardmoonVer.1

Thank you for the good words, Brigiid, but they arent necessary. I got a copy of the book How To Be John Wayne Without Riding A Horse, so I know what DDs positions are before he takes them. Makes it easy to find his cute little man buttons.

/pokee pokee

I also found a matchbook that describes in detail all of Axgars philosophies. Its printed in 5 languages with enough room left over for an excellent martini recipe.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #46
Brigiid

I know you don't need my support. It's an issue bigger than just defending you, though. You don't have to be a raving right-wing psychofanatic in order to love and support your country. I resent the implication that if you don't take the most gung-ho stance out there, you're somehow less of an American for it.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:32 PM   #47
ShardmoonVer.1

Well, extremes force people off the fence. Its been an effective tool for conservatives since they had the edge in a few core values like family, defense, and economic policy. The liberals only had the edge in things like... more Oprah. By framing the arguement so drasticly, they forced a lot people out of the middle and a lot of ideas became irrelevant.

It worked on me. I voted for Bush twice (once because he wasnt Gore)because I believe that doing something is better than doing nothing when it comes to terrorism. I gave up alot because of this issue, but I still hold my basic beliefs and speak up on them when I get the chance.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #48
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Thank you for the good words, Brigiid, but they arent necessary. I got a copy of the book How To Be John Wayne Without Riding A Horse, so I know what DDs positions are before he takes them. Makes it easy to find his cute little man buttons.

/pokee pokee

I also found a matchbook that describes in detail all of Axgars philosophies. Its printed in 5 languages with enough room left over for an excellent martini recipe.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.

Oh, and I love Your philosophy: If it's mean and scary, suck it and maybe it'll be nice again.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #49
Axgar

Your probably right Brig...... we should all take the stance of nobody do shit, I wonder how far it will get us.

Sorry ya all but the Utopia your searching for does not exist at this date.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:09 PM   #50
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Axgar
Your probably right Brig...... we should all take the stance of nobody do shit, I wonder how far it will get us.

Sorry ya all but the Utopia your searching for does not exist at this date.
Where did I say any of that?