Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2004, 08:19 PM   #1
damurtil

Default Rallon Zek raid

Anyone know if the Rallon Zek raid is actually bugged or if SoE just made it harder? I heard TZ and VZ spawning when engaging RZ but tonight we went after either vallon or tallon (forgot which) but the other spawned at the same time. If it is a bug, I wish sony would get it fixed soon.
damurtil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Eldrynn

Send a message via MSN to Eldrynn
Rallos Zek, and yes it's bugged still.

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Eldrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:00 PM   #3
Vidden
Banned User

Wow.... lol that sucks. I bet that was a mess.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:01 PM   #4
Vidden
Banned User

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
BAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:55 AM   #5
korast

Originally Posted by damurtil
Anyone know if the Rallon Zek raid is actually bugged or if SoE just made it harder? I heard TZ and VZ spawning when engaging RZ but tonight we went after either vallon or tallon (forgot which) but the other spawned at the same time. If it is a bug, I wish sony would get it fixed soon.
That sounds normal. People have said many times RZ IS BUGGED ARGH! but alass they are just growing stupider at an exponential rate.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:29 AM   #6
Eomer

Anyone know if the Rallon Zek raid is actually bugged or if SoE just made it harder? I heard TZ and VZ spawning when engaging RZ but tonight we went after either vallon or tallon (forgot which) but the other spawned at the same time. If it is a bug, I wish sony would get it fixed soon
This is either a bug or Sony deliberately changed the script. I thought we just had someone on the stairs at first too, but it turns out VZ will aggro the raid around the time you engage TZ. I've talked to several people who have experienced the same problem on other servers. They got around it by having someone OT Vallon while having the rest of the raid burn down Tallon.

Due to the fact that sometimes Vallon Zek will come with his guards, and sometimes he comes alone I get the feeling this is a bug.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:39 AM   #7
korast

The event has always been like this Your raid is too careless, your pullers are uncoordinated and positioning is bad. Correctly understanding not only their agro ranges but their chain agro ranges will greatly increase your chances of success. Follow the rules that prevent chain agro from bad positioning (sounds like your current problem) and this will never again be your problem.
Old 09-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #8
Deathands

You are wrong. Plain and simple. I know how the raid is won, and I know how to position the raid. Either the aggro range of Vallon has been increased significantly, or he now aggros the raid when Tallon is engaged. Take your pick. It is through no carelessness of my fellow guild members. Having completed the RZ script 10+ times, we know what to expect. Something has been changed, and we just need to adapt. It won't pose a problem in the future.

When was the last time you did the Rallos script? Have you done it after OoW came out?

Deathands
69 Necro
Deathands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
logbash

No Korast, they actually have changed and/or bugged the script. When TZ spawns, he warps to VZ, then warps back to his spawn point and charges the raid. The warp to VZ causes both to aggro the raid. Doesn't matter where you stand in relation to the steps anymore. It's happening to every guild that tries him since OoW came out, and on nearly every class messageboard you can read complaints stating the same thing.

They either changed the script to account for level 70 people (ie, making it harder) or they just bugged it.
logbash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:53 AM   #10
Deathands

In before Logbash, cool-points++

Deathands
69 Necro
Deathands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:51 AM   #11
korast

I have a fairly strong understanding of the RZ event. Intentionally agro VZ and pull him to his leash point with a monk as he spawns on far side BEFORE he comes to rest and the gindan flayers spawn, that will solve your problem most likely. At the very least he wont come with his 4 gindan flayer adds making him running into camp fairly easy to deal with. Do this while the rest of the raid fights TZ in a proper location and you cant lose with a capable force prepared for the encounter.