Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Kragarn

Default Magelo

I can't look at magelo profiles, and if I try to go to www.magelo.com I am just prompted to open or save a file. Whenever I click on a magelo link I get a new window open that is just filled with junk, like dingbats type stuff. What did I do?

*edit* I am thinking I must have deleted something or turned off some internet setting. But I prolly know just enough to be dangerous on computers.

Kordayl,
Savage Lord

Last edited by Kragarn; 09-23-2004 at 07:00 AM.
Kragarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:50 AM   #2
Darthin

There is an option in "internet options" on the last tab...there is a whole list of options with checkboxes and you need to find the one that says something about HTTP 1.1 and enable it...they've reworked the security settings here at work so i can't look it up exactly but it has something to do with HTTP 1.1 through firewalls/routers
Darthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #3
Kragarn

I thought it might be something in there, I have been looking at that stuff for a while now, but I can't figure out what if anything needs to be changed. Thanks for the advice, I will keep looking.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 AM   #4
Garoan
At your cervix

I had a similar experience with Magelo about a year ago, and the response I got was that I should delete all my cookies and try again. It worked.

Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Garoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
Keldarn

Clear your cookies, then go to (assuming you have IE6) Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab -> HTTP 1.1 -> Check both HTTP 1.1, and HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections.

Doing both is just a catch-all, as one or the other by itself will usually fix the problem. But heck, everyone needs to clean out the cookie crumbs every now and then anyway.
Old 09-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #6
Kragarn

Yay!! Thank you it worked. I deleted the cookies and clicked off the HTTP 1.1 through proxy and I can go to magelo now.

Kordayl,
Savage Lord