Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Raiders' Get-Together

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2003, 02:11 AM   #1
romadranger

Default PoJ trials

I was wondering if anyone is doing PoJ trails soon...or if someone could lead them (I'm not experienced enough). If so can pls Leave a post or send a tell in game,Thanks.

Colbie Rathofkin
55 Ranger of Tunare
romadranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 02:42 AM   #2
Lizzardlee

I just did the Trial of Exe for the first time tonight so here is what I noticed and some tips. You need a very good lvl 60+ group to do this to start. You must clear/lull your way through the Death Row area of PoJ to the end of the hall to a room with an npc named Mauvin. Talk to him then head back out then to the "Plane of Trials" area(portal to it is listed on most eqtoolbox maps). Hail The Tribunal (different ones give different trials most people do the exe one seems to be easier) have a nice little chat and your group will be ported into the room.

4 Waves of mobs some mezzable some not you have to kill these as fast as you can to stop the prisoner from being killed. If you kill these fast enough at the end you have to kill the Exe. He drops 6 marks. Go to the npc toward the back and say return. Once back in the portal area ask the tribunal "what evidence of mavuin". Then go back to Mavuin in his jail cell and he will give you your flags. To get the charm and AA points you must talk to 2 NPC's in PoK in the buildings near the soul binder/PoT stone.

Its all about dps you have to smack/nuke/dot HARD to kill them before the little M gets waxed. May take you several tries to get it right with different combos of players. Most of the time you will have to kill the mobs so fast you won't need to slow only bother slowing the Exe at the end.

edit: Oh btw the trials are 1 group ONLY. so you have to pack in as much dps as you can into those 6 players.
Lizzardlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 05:13 AM   #3
Gravdiger

Send a message via AIM to Gravdiger
I have done the Exe Trial about 6 Times now, Started out with just my Warrior to get him the Flag, me and a couple Guildies found a nice Little Team and used it to Flag a Couple other.

What previous Poster said about DPS is all true, you about 30 Secs to kill each mob before the EXE reaches the Prisoner, when you kill one, EXE resets at beginning and your 30 sec starts over. After 4 Dead you get like 20-30 Secs before next wave pops depending on how fast you killed the previous Wave.

The Mobs are as such

Rocks = Cannot be Mezzed but can be Banished by Mage or Druid of the Right Level

Fiends = Mezzable

Named = Only seen one once.

When we did them we found that a Mage in the group made a huge difference made it tons easier, due to their DPS and Banish.

The Order to fight mobs in since Rocks cant be mezzed is Kill

Name
Rocks
Fiend

Trials are best for a group of 60+ hard to get done at a lower lvl unless you are with a Group of 60+ who can do it well.

The way we did the EXE and have heard alot of others do him, is Once last wave dies, Kite the Exe while Cleric and Casters med, need Mana for him has a Good Amount of HP

Hope this Helps you
Fuuman Isgravsbot (70th Season Shaman) (Fully Retired)
Gravdiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
Leae

Tons of useful info here:

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12339
Leae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
Kible

Send a message via ICQ to Kible
Hello Colbie.

I am a 62nd bard that is interested in doing trials. I plan on getting keyed for 7th hammer, but that is out of the picture now. If you are going to be on next the weekend of the 29th, I will help you complete these trials, on saterday the 30th, that night. Send me a tell IG sometime and we can surely work somthing out.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:48 PM   #6
romadranger

Sounds good Kible...I will hopefully have 60 or 61 by then. I will see you then. I am going for the seventh hammer as well.
Old 08-25-2003, 07:29 AM   #7
Mladarya

Default 60 Enchanter LF Trials Groups

I would absolutely love to join you in getting through the trials
Please post what time they will be going on and I will attend.

Thank you,

Golarin
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=546747
Mladarya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 07:31 AM   #8
Mladarya

Talking 60 Enchanter LF Trials Groups

Ill try and be there on Friday night or saturday night
Old 08-25-2003, 03:23 PM   #9
Kible

Sounds Like a plan. I am leading a Kael raid on friady, but on Saterday night I am free. I will be kill The Shade in PoN like normal, but that is about it for me on saterday. I will try to contact you both. I am sure we can work somthing out.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:12 PM   #10
Savyelf

FYI - the named rocks in the Exe trial are NOT banishable. Save your star rubies

A healer with a horse is just about mandatory too. Makes life much easier on the healing folks.

Good luck all

Savyelf
Savyelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:18 PM   #11
Kible

And btw, if you have any warrior friends with AE taunt, try to drag them along. I have a good 65 war friend w/ae taunt, but he is in CI and constantly raiding. Will ask him to attend but likly he will deny.
Old 08-26-2003, 09:49 PM   #12
Aerrow

BRING A 60+ mage! Banishment is so usefull =). And their DPS is outstanding when it comes to timed events.

Life sucks, get a rez...
Got SoW?
Here is the link to my Ghetto Rangah Web Site =).
Link
Aerrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #13
Kinbien

And btw, if you have any warrior friends with AE taunt, try to drag them along. I have a good 65 war friend w/ae taunt, but he is in CI and constantly raiding. Will ask him to attend but likly he will deny.

Bring a bard with AE slow. Much easier as ae taunt has too long of a recycle.
Old 08-29-2003, 06:10 AM   #14
Mladarya

Maybe Dayton my guildie will be 60+ by then. He is a Mage so hopefully he has banishment =)
Old 08-29-2003, 03:48 PM   #15
Mladarya

well i tried it Friday night after i got home from work i had a 65 cleric from RoD with a clicky stick a 64 Warr a 60 Mage with a stack of star rubies a 60 chanter (me) and a 65 bard, and a 65 Rogue. Cleric didnt battle rez the fallen Peeps cause he was LOM and we failed. Big deal we'll try again =)
any pointers?
got through all the waves and the peeps all died on the Prime exe
Old 08-30-2003, 05:18 AM   #16
Autvincere

Default You made a mistake

You should never make it to the final round then fail. I mean maybe once, but do it again then.

The reason is, you can kite him.
He summons, but he only summons if you damage him.
Have the non medding type agro him, then run in circles all day till you are ready. Even if its 10 minutes to get full mana, then set up and take down. He has a AC reducing proc/spell thing that is nasty, so expect to take big hits. You can kite him for hours before you do damage so if you have a group of 6 and are full mana and cant kill him then go back to solB because he isnt that hard. You might need fast heals over CHs, but thats something your cleric should figure out.

My fav group for Trials is 1 Paladin 1 Enchanter 3 Wiz 1 Mage and just do AE. Pally spams group heals and mobs die, that simple.

I also like the no cleric groups for their challenge, but the Final guy is really tough that way, even with LOH. If you are lucky enough to have a pally as your tank, have him mem 3 group heals, no matter which ones, and cast them for taunt. If he loses any mobs they come back and he repairs the damage. Munch a mod rod and good to go. Even when I do Trials with a Warrior in the group I am the tank until the EXE everytime and the Warrior is armed for DPS.

I have won the trials over 20 times.

Autvincere
Autvincere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 08:26 AM   #17
Mladarya

well it prolly wouldnt have been so bad if the cleric had Clicked in the People that had fallen but it was like the guy was asleep at the wheel. We prolly could have kited him but the bard was down, the mage was down, and the rogue was down
Old 08-31-2003, 03:36 PM   #18
Aerrow

Do you think 3 mages a cleric a pally and war could do it easy enough

Life sucks, get a rez...
Got SoW?
Here is the link to my Ghetto Rangah Web Site =).
Link
Aerrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2003, 10:22 PM   #19
Tybow

I would say replace 1 of the Mages with a wizard, and you could probably pull it off easy enough. It also depends a lot on the level of everyone attending the trial.

Oh yeah, and replace the war with an Enchanter/Enchantress for AE stuns and Crack. If the ench AE stunts everything, the wizzy and mages just AoE everything to death while cleric and pally are keeping group alive with group heals.

The trials over all are not that difficult IMO. You just have to make sure everyone in your group knows how to play their class. There are hundreds of differant ways you could go about doing them.
Tybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 12:30 AM   #20
Leae

Default PoJ Trials

There is a ton of useful info and observations in this old PoJ Trials thread. Worth a look if you planning on hitting the Trials soon.

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=12339

Good luck!

Leae.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:38 AM   #21
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!

Send a message via AIM to Aelain
Just curious why you bumped a 3-month old thread with the exact same post you made three months earlier?
Old 11-27-2003, 08:11 AM   #22
Leae

Default Wanton bumpage

In case people hadn't seen it and would find the info useful? Just trying to help people new to the Trials find info that would help them.

I may have missed the memo about not bumping old threads full of potentially useful information, or I may be missing your point entirely?

Leae.

Edit: I see what happened now. I saw the other thread on PoJ Trials and thought it would be helpful to find this old thread and post a link to it from the new one, to help people find the info. I opened a new browser window, found the old thread using Search then posted the link to the bottom of the old thread instead of the bottom of the new one, by mistake.

D'oh!

Last edited by Leae; 11-27-2003 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #23
Aelain
Stop that rhyming!

Send a message via AIM to Aelain
Leae,

It WAS and still is good information, and posting it in a new thread is a very good idea. Sorry if I came across as snide or smug; if I had read your link before I had posted I probably wouldn't have said anything. I never even thought about putting it in a new thread.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:56 PM   #24
Leae

Don't worry about it. If I wasn't such a dufus I'd have posted the link to the right thread and you wouldn't have wondered what the hell I had been smoking!

I quite miss the Trials. They were exciting at the time, as I'm sure they will be for the current crop of folks planning to hit them.

Hugs,

Leae.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:14 PM   #25
Inmountains

LOL, exciting at the time? Shoot, 5 hour wait behind 14 other groups in line!! And the whole thing is done in 10 minutes, it was the reset that was a killer.

You all mention that the group should be all 60 +. I have passed it three times on my 65 warrior, but would like to get my 59 cleric through it. I think a 59 cleric should be ok, dont you?
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote