Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Default Death is too good for this animal

Sickening

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...Rn4TSNKaVlgbwJ
A Brooklyn fiend repaid the kindness of an elderly woman who hired him for odd jobs by first stealing from her — and then burning her alive when she fired him, police said yesterday.
“I hope he burns in hell!” the victim’s stricken daughter, Sheila Gillespie Hillsman, 49, fumed to pals on Facebook.
Accused sadistic killer Jerome “Jerry’’ Isaac, 47, was reeking of gasoline when he turned himself in to cops more than eight hours after the horrific torching of tragic 73--year-old churchgoer Delores Gillespie.
Cops said Isaac was furious that the postal clerk had refused to pay him for some of the work he’d done at her Prospect Heights apartment after she discovered he’d swiped her kitchenware and DVD player.
Isaac allegedly ambushed the terrified woman at 4:10 p.m. Saturday, standing in the fifth-floor hallway of her building as the elevator doors opened and she started to step off, returning from a trip to Key Foods with bags hanging from her wrists.
Isaac sprayed her with a flammable liquid, used a barbecue lighter to set her ablaze, tossed a Molotov cocktail at her and then sprayed her again for extra measure even though she was already engulfed in flames, screaming in agony, police said.
The madman then fled — first to his nearby apartment at 315 Lincoln Place in the gentrifying neighborhood to also try to set it ablaze, police said. It’s unclear why he started a fire there, where neighbors said he lives with two male roommates, but he managed to only damage the door frame.
The perp ran next to the rooftop of 571 Lincoln Place, where he hid, thinking he’d been burned — even though he wasn’t — and terrified that he would be easily identified if he was spotted on the street, police said.
He fell asleep on the roof, and when he woke up, Isaac went on the run again, wandering around before finally turning himself in at 12:30 a.m. at Transit District 32, about two miles away in Crown Heights, officials said.
Some of the items he had allegedly used to set ablaze Gillespie were recovered on the Lincoln Place rooftop, authorities said.
“I set the fire in the hallway, and I set the fire in the elevator,” the suspect sniveled to cops after surrendering — although he refused to admit he had also burned Gillespie, police told The Post.
He was charged with first-degree murder and arson.
The victim’s grief-stricken son, Maurice Gillespie, 37, said his trusting mother “just met [Isaac] one day and said he was an honest guy” and hired him.
Her nephew, Rick Causey, 52, who lived with the mother and son, added, “She trusted him” and even gave him a key to the apartment.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
I disagree, I think it's just perfect. Put a bullet in his dome, take a homicidal maniac off the streets, move on. It's cheap, it's easy, it's effective. I don't really care if he suffers, just as long as he's gone.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:21 AM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Maybe if we can burn him. I'm in a very eye-for-an-eye kind of mood at the moment.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
I agree with Wild, just execute him and move on.

Vengeance belongs to the lady that is dead. Torturing this man would just be an act of unjustified wrath, making us monsters.

Rid society of the scourge, and trust that his judgement will be dealt in the afterlife.

We cannot create justice through rage or wrath.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
OK, while I don't have much time for vengeance, I don't agree that torturing this guy would be unjustified, just unnecessary. The woman he set on fire was certainly tortured before she died, I just don't see the point in stretching things out. I believe we deserve to be treated how we treat other people, I just also believe in efficiency.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
I agree with Wild, just execute him and move on.

Vengeance belongs to the lady that is dead. Torturing this man would just be an act of unjustified wrath, making us monsters.

Rid society of the scourge, and trust that his judgement will be dealt in the afterlife.

We cannot create justice through rage or wrath.
But we can create deterrent through pain.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
But we can create deterrent through pain.
I don't know that I believe that anymore. I mean, what prisoners do to each other is worse than what any correctional employee is allowed to do, but that doesn't stop most of them from going out and trying again. Plus, psychopaths aren't thinking about the consequences of their actions, and I'm willing to bet that the majority of criminals believe they won't be caught. If you've ever watched those police chase shows, you know that the vast majority of those that flee from the police believe they can get away, regardless of the actual statistics. In every 10 people, there is 1 psychopathic; I'm betting the ratio in criminals is much higher.

Criminals aren't thinking about the consequences, only about what they can get. Use prisons to keep them from the rest of us, try to rehabilitate them so they can be integrated into society when their time is done. Prisons aren't deterrents, they're solutions.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
most criminals are the dumbest of the dumb, no seriously. if they weren't they wouldn't for the most part be criminals.

Teaching stupid criminal people through pain either works or really pisses them off and they come back later for payback.

Bullet through the head. less effort, better solution. one that works, every time.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
I think violent criminals have problems either with perception of violence or with understanding consequences.

In either case, I don't think violence would be effective at deterring them. Some might be the product of violence already.

To respond, torturing the guy would not be justified. The only person that could justly enjoy torture of this man is dead. Therefore, society or individuals getting their jollies by rationalizing torturing someone is just sick. It's not justice. It's not even revenge... it's indulgence in twisted delights.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:22 AM   #10
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Pinkheart
To respond, torturing the guy would not be justified. The only person that could justly enjoy torture of this man is dead. Therefore, society or individuals getting their jollies by rationalizing torturing someone is just sick. It's not justice. It's not even revenge... it's indulgence in twisted delights.
You know, for a bleeding-heart liberal, your views are pretty bereft of compassion. As humans, we have the ability to sympathize with other people. Also, as I stated, you deserve to be treated how you treat others. That's why the death penalty is justified. If you intentionally and indiscriminately take someone's life, then you deserve having yours taken away. Obviously the victim cannot carry out sentence, but that does not mean justice was not served with an execution.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
You know, for a bleeding-heart liberal, your views are pretty bereft of compassion. As humans, we have the ability to sympathize with other people. Also, as I stated, you deserve to be treated how you treat others. That's why the death penalty is justified. If you intentionally and indiscriminately take someone's life, then you deserve having yours taken away. Obviously the victim cannot carry out sentence, but that does not mean justice was not served with an execution.
But I didn't disagree with executing the guy. I just said the execution should be swift, not torturous. Torturing him is unecessary and serves no justice. Killing him does.

There is a difference between exacting justice, and deriving enjoyment from suffering. My point was that to torture him and derive enjoyment from it would make us monsters. The only one that might have just cause for gettign satisfaction is dead. So, just kill him quickly and move on.

My views are not bereft of compassion. Quite the opposite. They are compassion tempered with practicality.

Last edited by Pinkheart; 12-20-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #12
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
The only one that might have just cause for gettign satisfaction is dead.
That's the part that's bereft of compassion. Would you feel no satisfaction at the execution of your mother's murderer? You make it sound like only one person was hurt in all this, but the killer also committed an injustice against the family of the victim, and to a lesser extent, this woman's friends. Anyone whose life was affected by this woman has an interest in this case. There are plenty still here that deserve justice.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.