Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2004, 04:45 PM   #26
FurryCrew

Kogur bro
I will borrow a toon and clear NTOV with ya...just say when :-)
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 06:44 AM   #27
Xiqz

A Twist of Fate attempted Vulak Ring at least once maybe twice.

Dont think we ever got past the 5th wave or so.

There are something like 14 waves of mobs of all types draconic. Many bosses, many AE, many Flurry, some spawn mobs when anything dies... etc. And not a single item drops except from Vulak himself. The ring is LONG. There are Drakes that will Deathtouch anyone attempting to leave or enter the ring area. Getting others in is complicated at best.

The event and parts of it are buggy at times. The ring is doable in PoG/Kael/Sleepers/SS equipment. But it takes great amount of coordination and effort at that level.

Throw the Carprin cycle on top of the Bertox event, put it all in one room on a narrow bridge, double the time it takes and then have all your resists matter and put it at the very back of a huge dungeon full of KOS see invis mobs that needs to be largely cleared fo any of this to work- 8 zones away from the nearest POK book or 3 zones from the nearest druid portal and youre starting to understand why only a few guilds have completed this ring in the history of our server.

i want to say i recall one guild (maybe da kor? or SF?) beating the ring before it was changed somewhat in early?2002 and then only DG and CE defeating it afterward.

Anyway a unique event and a very worthy challenge for any of you guilds still raiding in Luclin or Velious- give it a shot for the honor points.
my pansy crap

"...i fingered it out..." -Kogur tha Ogre

Annastasya
85 High Priestess
Servant of Norrath
MYSPACE
Xiqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #28
Kogur
Phatty!

Xiqz,

Just so you know: back when Da`Kor was a around and Storm's Fury was around, Vulak wasn't a ring event. You just had to clear NToV(which took considerably longer back then), then Waltz in and stomp on Vulak for phat loots. It wasn't until SOE(or maybe it was still Verant at the time /shrug) decided that Vulak was too great of a reward vs. the risk that they set up the ring event.

It was a ring event which remained undoable, and for the most part even untriggerable until WELL into Luclin. Prior to PoP only a handful of guilds had beaten it: none on our server. Magister tried and failed, but I think they decided to say fuck it after SOE made ancient spells available in candyland too.
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 09:11 AM   #29
Ojuillean

I'm pretty certain Vuulak didn't get changed immediately after his removal from NToV.

I recall him simply being removed for a fair amount of time - and then the ring event to trigger him being added in considerably later. I think there was about 6 month span of time where there was no Vuulak and no ring until Sony finally put the "event" in.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:15 AM   #30
Cerulean

Send a message via ICQ to Cerulean
Vulak wasn't a ring for a long time. He was just another dragon in NToV. You had to clear the other lords/ladies and then smack the pinata known as Vulak. He was laughable - at the time he was the best mob to test wizard damage output. Pre-nerf mana rods + dragonsbane = ownage.

Vulak was essentially farmable for a long time. Da`Kor, MS & SF (not sure about DG or UI) were in Vulak farm mode when the change was implemented. All 3 guilds had killed him numerous times.

After the Ring implementation I know SF tried a couple times then decided to shrug it off. This was about the same time MS/SF merged.
Cerulean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 03:24 PM   #31
FurryCrew

I'm sure atleast MF or MS/SF downed vulak cause i remember drooling over Laoke's Rock O' Smashing!

Does ne1 in Emarr that still pays have a Nerf Stick BTW?....that weapon would still be competitive today.
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2004, 10:10 PM   #32
Keldarn

I know of at least one nerf stick still floating around in MF. Outstanding pulling tool it is. Ammo slot clickable dispell...mmmm.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:42 AM   #33
Abrucx

afterlife killed it before any change, he dropped the ancient spells. DG was the first to kill the ring on emarr. i know koryo has a stick, aonodorr too maybe. forget who else.
Old 05-28-2004, 04:49 AM   #34
Cless

Send a message via Yahoo to Cless
doesnt zhaolin have one too?

lmbo
Cless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #35
Aarial

Tork and Bookoo have them, not sure who else does. Those are the only ones I know of. Probably a couple floating somewhere else though. If your referring to the Abashi. Blaesteil is right when he says its a yummy pulling stick. :P

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Retired cause I'm playing WOW!
Aarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 02:54 PM   #36
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Originally Posted by Cless
doesnt zhaolin have one too?

lmbo
I'd wager that he doesn't. He was trolling with noobs like me at the time Vulak was actively being farmed and didn't leave me in the dust to uberness until those guys were well past NToV
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote