Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2004, 07:07 AM   #1
Inmountains

Default Unconstitutional?!?

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41623

Wow, now the Declaration of Indepence, and possibly the Constitution itself, are "Unconstitutional"!
Old 11-26-2004, 07:38 AM   #2
Veo

Heard about it. This is freaking nuts. He's not endorsing a religion or promoting it above another. He's teaching history.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:46 AM   #3
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

..:: ::..
Old 11-26-2004, 09:04 AM   #4
Inmountains

Too much turkey Horm, can't handle reading a news article. Or maybe the Declaration of Independence is just too boring for you and you need to move to, say France or South Africa!
Old 11-26-2004, 10:36 AM   #5
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Inmountains
Too much turkey Horm, can't handle reading a news article. Or maybe the Declaration of Independence is just too boring for you and you need to move to, say France or South Africa!
He's only saying that the content of the post is identical to Rheaton's previous post. Same story, two posts. Kinda redundant and boring. Not necessarily the content tho

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:48 AM   #6
bumbleroot

California's Education Code does allow "references to religion or references to or the use of religious literature when such references or uses do not constitute instruction in religious principles and when such references or uses are incidental to or illustrative of matters properly included in the course of study."
The question is was this teacher using these items to create a religious narrative? In other words- are they taken in context and are they used in accordance to the above manner.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Inmountains
I know you wish for my departure daily, but I'll be a US citizen long after your redneck ass is dead and buried.

And yeah, what Shylodog said.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:17 AM   #8
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
My wife is a teacher and in no way shape or form can she bring up God, or religion in anyway, unless, one of the students has brought it up. Even then she has to tip toe around what she can and cannot say.

The school not so much worried about the seperation thing, our community is very much into religion, Catholic being the bigger part in my opinion. I think the schools are more about they don't want to promote one religion over the other.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:34 AM   #9
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Well, if you're a Libertarian, the entire Department of Education is unConstitutional.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 05:58 AM   #10
Shadera

Articles such as the aforementioned make me sick to my stomach. Our country was founded on Christianity. If this offends you.... get the hell OUT. Plain and simple. I'm sure there are organizations that will help you seek refuge in any other country. I'm no bible pusher myself, but this situation is getting out of hand.

I have a crucifix on my living room wall, and many items that represent Christianity. If someone doesn't like it, they can either leave and never come back or they can respect my stance as this is my home. Same goes for our country.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:15 AM   #11
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Shadera
Articles such as the aforementioned make me sick to my stomach. Our country was founded on Christianity. If this offends you.... get the hell OUT. Plain and simple. I'm sure there are organizations that will help you seek refuge in any other country. I'm no bible pusher myself, but this situation is getting out of hand.

I have a crucifix on my living room wall, and many items that represent Christianity. If someone doesn't like it, they can either leave and never come back or they can respect my stance as this is my home. Same goes for our country.
You're a fucking moron. Not only do you have no grasp on basic facts in US history, but you are such an arrogant sack of shit that you think anyone who is offended by your ignorance should leave the country. Wow. I recommend you turn the car on, close the garage doors, and contemplate what a retard you are.
Old 11-27-2004, 08:15 AM   #12
Heretic

Originally Posted by Aresprophet
Well, if you're a Libertarian, the entire Department of Education is unConstitutional.
How so? I must admit, I'm uninformed when it comes to Libertarians.

Our country was founded on Christianity. If this offends you.... get the hell OUT.
Don't know what country you are from. My country was founded on freedom for all religions. If this offends you.... get the hell OUT.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:18 AM   #13
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Ouch, a pwn point for Heretic.

Man, Shad, if I were you, I'd be concerned.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:24 PM   #14
Shadera

You're a fucking moron. Not only do you have no grasp on basic facts in US history, but you are such an arrogant sack of shit that you think anyone who is offended by your ignorance should leave the country. Wow. I recommend you turn the car on, close the garage doors, and contemplate what a retard you are.

YIPPEEEE!!! I've finally become a fucking moron in Hormadrune's little black book. And yes, Heretic.... you're right. Our nation was founded for freedom for all religions.

And as for being an arrogant sack of shit... that's more like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

So, in essence, you're telling me that since I'm a fucking moron, and an arrogant sack of shit, that I should commit suicide? What a Fucktard !

Going back to trolling the boards instead of posting. Then I can continue to be retard.

Best regards, Horm.......

Shadera

Last edited by Shadera; 11-27-2004 at 12:55 PM.
Shadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:53 PM   #15
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
YIPPEEEE!!! I've finally become a fucking moron in Hormadrune's little black book. And yes,

Awww, I've only made it to prag

Ouch, a pwn point for Heretic.

Man, Shad, if I were you, I'd be concerned.

Pot stirrer

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 04:27 PM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

YIPPEEEE!!! I've finally become a fucking moron in Hormadrune's little black book. And yes, Heretic.... you're right. Our nation was founded for freedom for all religions.

And as for being an arrogant sack of shit... that's more like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it?

So, in essence, you're telling me that since I'm a fucking moron, and an arrogant sack of shit, that I should commit suicide? What a Fucktard !

Going back to trolling the boards instead of posting. Then I can continue to be retard.

Best regards, Horm.......

Shadera
You can throw out all the forced sarcasm you want prag (that's for you Ini- see, despite all the dark thoughts about your abused childhood and minimal prospects for success in adult life, you are not alone! Take heart my inconsequential little peon!) but it doesn't change the fact that you know less about the origins of this country than I know about performing abdominal surgery on infant gorillas.

As for my suggestion you kill yourself, you're right- it's nearly as ridiculous as your suggestion that people who don't agree with your absurd idea about how this country was founded should leave. Nearly.

BTW, with all the pinheads on this board, my "little black book" of retards is more like a phone book. You're not on my short-list of A+ Fucksticks if it makes you feel any less significant though.

In the meantime though I think you've done the right thing. Get the fuck off these boards and enjoy from afar.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #17
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

The Constitution does not specifically mention education or public schooling. As such, Libertarians state that any public school system is unConstitutional.

Some of the real diehard ones will, at this point, go on a long rant about the evils of FDR's expansion of the government and social programs and how he was the absolute worst president in history.

I have trouble taking them seriously.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 11-27-2004, 06:23 PM   #18
Shadera

You can throw out all the forced sarcasm you want prag (that's for you Ini- see, despite all the dark thoughts about your abused childhood and minimal prospects for success in adult life, you are not alone! Take heart my inconsequential little peon!) but it doesn't change the fact that you know less about the origins of this country than I know about performing abdominal surgery on infant gorillas.

As for my suggestion you kill yourself, you're right- it's nearly as ridiculous as your suggestion that people who don't agree with your absurd idea about how this country was founded should leave. Nearly.

BTW, with all the pinheads on this board, my "little black book" of retards is more like a phone book. You're not on my short-list of A+ Fucksticks if it makes you feel any less significant though.

In the meantime though I think you've done the right thing. Get the fuck off these boards and enjoy from afar.

Please note that I never made the suggestion that people who don't agree with me should leave. However, I do believe that the majority of the United States citizenry share my sentiments that if you don't love it, then leave it.

And I've also noted that you have NEVER agreed with anyone on these boards. You find something "wrong" with anyone else's sentiments regarding any type of topic. Sure must be tough carrying all that shit for brains between your ears. And your own vocabulary could use an overhaul.

Shadera
Old 11-27-2004, 06:29 PM   #19
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Our country was founded on Christianity. If this offends you.... get the hell OUT.
You were saying what now?
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 11-27-2004, 06:58 PM   #20
Shadera

Originally Posted by AresProphet
You were saying what now?

Just put that in there to "test" you folks.
Shadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 07:08 PM   #21
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Sure you did.

And every rely we make after yours is just dancing to your tune, right?

Because we're all puppet masters at your beck and call. Not that you'd ever make a faux pas and we never find them.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 11-28-2004, 01:36 AM   #22
ShardmoonVer.1

America was lousy with Muslims when settled, and Buddist too. Hell, you couldnt shake a stick without smacking an Orthodox Jew either.

Oh wait, maybe thats not quite so accurate. Maybe the people who first came to settle in this country came to practive their own brand of Christianity. Nooo, because that doesnt fit in so well with the PC police.

Revising history doesnt change it.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:15 AM   #23
Maximus Faticus

I know there was one public school in Detroit that that would take thier students to the different places of worship which involved all types of religions. I thought it was a bad ass idea.

I bet they don't do that anymore though.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:36 AM   #24
Xerion

However, I do believe that the majority of the United States citizenry share my sentiments that if you don't love it, then leave it.
Hmm there's no such thing as free speech anymore?
Xerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 10:55 AM   #25
Heretic

Originally Posted by Shard
Oh wait, maybe thats not quite so accurate. Maybe the people who first came to settle in this country came to practive their own brand of Christianity. Nooo, because that doesnt fit in so well with the PC police.
Don't forget the Deists who made up a number of our founding fathers.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote