Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2004, 05:38 PM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default ACLU attacks bus route

http://www.underneathpolitics.com/is...ries.html#aclu

ACLU Wants School Bus to Stop Driving by so Many Churches

MARSHALL, TX – The ACLU has learned a school bus that transports children to and from Marshall Elementary School passes 8 local churches per trip. “That’s too many,” said ACLU spokesperson Pete Peters. “Those churches expose children to crosses and catchy little religious phrases, things that kids should not be exposed to while being driven by governmental busses.”

The Republican led city council says that it would be a logistical nightmare for the bus to avoid the institutions of religion. “The bus would have to start its route an hour early and the kids wouldn’t get home until an hour later,” says City Councilman, Jeff Todd. But Mr. Peters insists he’s worked out the details. “I planned it out on Yahoo! Maps this morning,” he said. “When the bus is on Main Street, instead of turning left on 3rd Avenue, it should take a right on Austin Street, a left on Magnolia Street, a left on Pine Lane, drive through the Wendy’s parking lot, drive across Crazy Jeb Bellows ranch, make a U-turn over the center divider on Perkins Street and BAM, you’ve got a bus route that gets everyone to school and doesn’t compromise anyone’s civil liberties.”

Seperation of church and bus~
Old 12-01-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
And people wonder why that big chunk of the "moral values" folks showed up to vote in '04. Stupid shit like this is why.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:15 PM   #3
Eglath Astaldo

Send a message via ICQ to Eglath Astaldo
I want that confirmed before I believe it....the way he presents his own bus route makes himself look like too much of an idiot to be credible.
If its true its rediculous, but get a real source on it.

EDIT: The site you are crediting also posts shit like:

CRAWFORD, TX – In an attempt to show that he will be even tougher on terrorism during his second term, President George W. Bush added the states that did not vote for him to the Axis of Evil, Underneath Politics learned.
California and New York, both states that easily went for Democratic challenger John Kerry, are now considered “against us” in the war on terror. Due to the United States military being bogged down in Iraq, and invasion of California or New York is unlikely. However the administration could decide to invade Vermont because it’s very small and also went heavily in favor of Kerry.
WASHINGTON, DC - Secretary of Transportation Norman Mineta is none too pleased with United Airlines, Underneath Politics learned. “Their new slogan is unbelievably insensitive,” Mr. Mineta said. “We are looking for ways to punish them as we speak.” “We'll Do Our Best Not To Crash,” is the slogan in question.
Oh...and for that one the dumbasses who run the site posted a picture of an American Airlines tailfin while talked about United Airlines. The Eagle and A A are easily recognizable....in fact there are two AA planes in the picture.

Chuk...this is your worst source ever.

Last edited by Eglath Astaldo; 12-01-2004 at 07:18 PM. Reason: New bitching
Eglath Astaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
Veo

heh. The only Pete Peters that regularly shows up on a Google search is a right-wing extremist.

I call bullshit.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #5
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I read the story and it sounded right up the ACLU's alley. they have already sued the town of las cruces new mexico for being named after a cross so why is this so incredible to believe.

-edit-

i agree those other stories are garbage, sorry for not checking the entire website and factchecking every one to see if this story was legit.

Last edited by chukzombi; 12-01-2004 at 07:48 PM.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:08 PM   #6
Eglath Astaldo

Send a message via ICQ to Eglath Astaldo
You didn't need to check the whole site, the front page ATM has the stories I just listed.
Eglath Astaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:45 AM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You should wait for your erection to die down before posting Chuk, might save you from these embarassing lapses in judgement.
Old 12-02-2004, 05:22 AM   #8
Heretic

ROFL....you guys thought this was real. I thought Chuk posted it as a joke. Just the story by itself is unbelievable. Then looking at the articles above and below it is certain to be satire.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:45 AM   #9
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Have you seen some of the stuff Chuk has posted here? It's never safe to assume he's joking.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #10
Heretic

Good point.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote