Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #1
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Default Marriage equality

Today's the sort of day that makes me miss this forum's heyday when everyone would have freaked right the fuck out after a major SCOTUS ruling like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
Davek
Squawk Box

Pfft. Slow pokes. We've had this for 10 years already and the world is still turning.

The rainbow wave was arriving, like it or not, so you might as well rip off that old Band-Aid and get with the program.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I was in Quebec last month and walked along hand in hand with my wife behind a couple of guys also walking hand in hand. It was cute. They were totally into each other. No way I can say that's a bad thing.

And by the way, Montreal and QC were great vacation spots... Except for the 40 degree (Fahrenheit) weather on June 1st...

But poutine with an escargot appetizer was a treat! Now, sadly, my wife wants me to make poutine all the time, and she's STILL whining about wanting to go back to Tim Hortons.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

Yeah, early June was pretty chilly still for us. We're now having 30+ Celsius weather (86+ F) - not including humidex.

Glad to hear you enjoyed MTL and QC. I used to go to MTL all the time but it's been a couple years now. QC I've been to once. Unfortunately I was having leg issues at the time and that's a bitch there with it being so "hilly" and walking.

Poutine - love it but it's a treat once or twice a year. The heart really doesn't need all that on a regular basis.

What's the attraction of Timmie's? I personally hate their coffee (too weak for me) and I don't really do donuts much anymore. I prefer hitting up a mom & pop coffee shop if I can find them or at least something that's not a huge chain.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #5
Karthanon

Default Hey..

...yeah, people would have flipped out. That was then, this is now.

Heck, I told a few of my Yankee friends, "Yeah, you know what we call gay marriage up here? Marriage.".

Glad you had fun. You need to come out West sometime.
Karthanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #6
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Had a cold snap across the whole Oz Eastern seaboard with snowfalls as far North as Queensland. Everywhere in Victoria, everywhere except Melbourne, we got butt kiss

Still snowing in Victorian high country down to as low as 400m (about 1200ft) above sea level. I s'pose the deer are toughing it out further downhill, dunno what the deer do about our winters here but they have survived it for maybe 180 years now.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

...yeah, people would have flipped out. That was then, this is now.

Heck, I told a few of my Yankee friends, "Yeah, you know what we call gay marriage up here? Marriage.".

Glad you had fun. You need to come out West sometime.
I've been to Victoria Island on a day trip(Coincidentally on BC day). Wife & I plan on doing the Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria thing some time in the future. Also have plans to do the Maine/Nova Scotia Atlantic Coast thing.

Not sure when. We also want to go to Czech/Slovakia/Poland. And I'm still campaigning for Japan/Thailand/Vietnam/S Korea some far off day.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-15-2015, 09:36 PM   #8
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Yeah, early June was pretty chilly still for us. We're now having 30+ Celsius weather (86+ F) - not including humidex.

Glad to hear you enjoyed MTL and QC. I used to go to MTL all the time but it's been a couple years now. QC I've been to once. Unfortunately I was having leg issues at the time and that's a bitch there with it being so "hilly" and walking.

Poutine - love it but it's a treat once or twice a year. The heart really doesn't need all that on a regular basis.

What's the attraction of Timmie's? I personally hate their coffee (too weak for me) and I don't really do donuts much anymore. I prefer hitting up a mom & pop coffee shop if I can find them or at least something that's not a huge chain.
I don't know. The wife likes it, so I accommodate. I'm not a coffee drinker, so whatever. We also hit a few Mom & Pop spots in Montreal. She just liked Timmys. Compared to Starbucks, I'd think bilge water would be tasty. (Supposition from the few times I've had their cocoa)
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #9
Karthanon

I've been to Victoria Island on a day trip(Coincidentally on BC day). Wife & I plan on doing the Seattle/Vancouver/Victoria thing some time in the future. Also have plans to do the Maine/Nova Scotia Atlantic Coast thing.

Not sure when. We also want to go to Czech/Slovakia/Poland. And I'm still campaigning for Japan/Thailand/Vietnam/S Korea some far off day.
Yeah, we're going to Scotland next year, and Japan in 2 years. Gives me time to trim a bunch of lard off my butt so they don't have to get a human shoehorn to cram me onto a seat on the plane.
Karthanon is offline   Reply With Quote