Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2003, 01:00 AM   #1
Charnicc
태미

Exclamation My character is naked!

I know I did something to mess my account settings up ... but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Bored while waiting on SF, I started goofing around with my settings.

I typed:
/help normal

After reading through the list I typed:
/alias (no prompt followed, so I figured I was ok)
/dopropertinting (got the on/off prompt ... so I typed 'on' ... the next message stated that this action would take affect when I zoned next)
/mp3 (gave me some music to listen to as I messed up my settings some more)
/showgrass (got the on/off prompt again)

... and that's all I can remember changing.

THAT was Wednesday night (right before the patch). I logged in yesterday to find that my character is butt naked. No newbie undergarments ... nothing at all (except for the dye).

Everyone else is fully dressed ... except woodelf females (unless they are wearing plate - plate graphics are still semi-visible to me).

Please help!
Charnicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 04:39 AM   #2
Kalvarin

On another website I read:

/dopropertinting on

Have you typed it this lately? It was implemented in a patch awhile back (~6 months ago perhaps). I still see screenshots of myself or get comments on my style (which has come up again with my new armor colors hehe) that indicate to me that several have not dont this command.

Anyhow, if you haven't done it or not sure if you have be sure to type:

/dopropertinting on (then you must zone, or perhaps restart EQ, I can't remember)

It will make leather classes especially show up correctly. With it off, skin gets tinted when it shouldn't. Anyhow, you will notice a difference right away in leather classes.

i.e. if you have Nathsar Arms on, your entire arm will show up as blue. This is very obvious in Vah Shir models as the fur will take on a blue tint. While this should appear that way in plate classes it should not for us, a leather class.

Try it out! To my knowledge there is no performance issues by having it on and if there are just turn it off.
That's what its supposed to do. However, only with certain video cards. Otherwise, it can do this:

I had a TNT2 and tried it and it made all the models appear naked. I mean REALLY naked. Nothing but fur. I was loathe to buy a GeForce3, but I did and now all the female Vah Shir have armor again. *sigh*
I've never fiddled with this command before, but it sounds like your solution is a new video card or /dopropertinting OFF ingame.
Kalvarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 12:02 PM   #3
Charnicc
태미

Thank you Kalvarin!
Charnicc is offline   Reply With Quote