Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 01:35 AM   #51
Heretic

Originally Posted by Kulani Autumnwood
"Lets assume there is a satan and a god. What if what you think of as god really is satan and corrupted people into writing the bible in order to trick people into thinking they were worshipping god when really all they're doing is causing endless strife, battle, death, etc for satan to glory in?"
This theory is as probable as the common Christian belief.

I told her I would if she agreed to come to my next religious gathering. This of course was responded to by "oh, what religion" to which (perfectly straight faced mind you) I responded "Cazic Thule...do you have a whip btw, you'll need one". As she was running off I yelled that she didn't need to rush off and get one, I had a spare I could lend her.
ROFL, I'll have to remember that one.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 02:20 AM   #52
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Didnt we already do another lefty moonbat versus christianity thread? Oh wait , christmas is coming up and heretic felt threatened by the nativity scenes and crucifixes. Just dont look dude, pretend the nativity scene is the set from little House On The Prairie and the crucifix is a homemade air guitar!
Old 12-08-2004, 04:01 AM   #53
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Xerion
Geez, even gods have human emotions now.
Ok, this made me laugh out loud. Seeing as how God created man in His own image, I'd have to say that WE have HIS emotions.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:53 AM   #54
Gauche

Originally Posted by Wildane
Ok, this made me laugh out loud. Seeing as how God created man in His own image, I'd have to say that WE have HIS emotions.

I would guess that you think we were made in his spiritual image, but not his physical image. Is that correct?

But that makes me wonder why God would feel fear or depression; certainly the Bible shows many instances of His rage. Does God feel lust? Or hope? Can such a being be "reduced" to needing to feel hope? Obviously, we don't really know, but the logical implications seem to lead to almost as many absurdities as being made in his physical image. (Does God feel humility or pride? /boggle)
Gauche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 06:06 AM   #55
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Heretic
Does Buddha mean anything to you? How about Allah or Zeus? I think it is safe to say that most Americans view these as fairy tales. What makes any of these religions 'myths' and Christianity the 'truth'.
No, I don't practice Buddhism, but I can respect that the belief of buddhists is very personal and real to them. I most certainly don't relegate their beliefs to "false" or a "fairy tale" just because it doesn't match my own. In the end, who knows who's right, or if we're all wrong, including those that don't believe in God at all?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:12 AM   #56
Foust Farseer

Does God feel lust?
Every winter