Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2004, 01:04 PM   #1
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
Default Victim or a lucky little bastard?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,140281,00.html

Click on "extra credit"

Police Release Tapes in Teacher Sex Case

Thursday, December 02, 2004



TAMPA, Fla. — Police released audio tapes Thursday of phone calls between a teacher and a 14-year-old student she is accused of raping.

In the calls, Debra LaFave (search) speaks with the boy about the affair they were allegedly having and the student expresses concerns that the middle school teacher might be pregnant. Police were also releasing DNA evidence as part of the public record of the case.'

LaFave, speaking in a childish voice, asks the boy, "Are you OK?" The victim says, "I'm a little worried." Most of the victim's portion of the tape is inaudible, but a discussion about condom use follows.

Toward the end, LaFave tells the student, "I don't want you lying to your mom" and then asks him to make a "pinky promise." LaFave repeats her request and the boy agrees and after being asked, says, "Pinky promise."

Mike Sinacor, the prosecutor in the case, told FOX News that the calls — said to be made by the boy at the request of authorities probing the allegations — could be useful in determining LaFave's state of mind. LaFave is expected to use the insanity defense when the case goes to trial in April.

Her attorney said that two doctors have evaluated the 24-year-old over the past several months and have also examined medical records.

Attorney John Fitzgibbons said she had some "profound emotional issues that are not her fault."

LaFave was arrested in June on charges of committing lewd or lascivious battery (search) on a person younger than 16. She faces similar charges in Marion County.

LaFave has been suspended from her teaching job and her husband filed for divorce in August
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
Gauche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,105
I have a large problem with these sorts of "crimes" in general, especially since they currently get lumped into the "child sex abuse" category. There's a second big issue with the police releasing the tape: they are prejudicing the potential jury pool. I don't think they have any valid grounds to release the tape, it's not like they need to in order to make their case.

I don't think 20+ adults should be having sex with young or middle teens, but that's a far cry from making it a serious crime. (They especially shouldn't be doing it when they have any sort of authority over the teen.)
Gauche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #3
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
It goes to show that the purity and innocence of a young girl is of much greater value to us as a society. The law is the law, but where is the outcry? How many 14 year olds are, at this very moment, jerking off to pictures of women like this one..just hoping and fantasizing that soooooomeday they might get to touch it?

Your point about authoirty is right. But I would be hard-pressed to believe that this boy feels "victimized" by this lady... or harmed. When you werer 14 would you have? hehe
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:16 PM   #4
Ini
Indestructible
 
Ini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Davek is still my hero!
Posts: 4,007
Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
There's a second big issue with the police releasing the tape: they are prejudicing the potential jury pool. I don't think they have any valid grounds to release the tape, it's not like they need to in order to make their case.
I know where I work we do not release anything unless our prosecutor advises us to. Probably this was the case in the releasing of the tape though I can't say for sure. Just how I have seen things done generaly in law enforcement. I know where I live we have what is called sunshine laws. Laws that allow the public certain access to records and things of the sort involving investigations. If I remember right they may go as far looking up personell records of employess of the city and such.
__________________
Pafuna Economics 101

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:16 PM   #5
Antilles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by Rheaton
It goes to show that the purity and innocence of a young girl is of much greater value to us as a society.
You just touched on one of the focal issues of my womens studies class. Bravo!
__________________
Formerly:
Antilles the Fire Caller - [60 Warlord]
Qenelar Darklighter - [53 Reaver]
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #6
Gauche
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,105
Like I said, i don't approve of the laws in general. Barring a serious abuse of authority that would make it more like coercion I don't think there should be any prosecution. No teacher should be having sex with a current or even "future" student though; they can wait until the student advances a grade to change their fantasies to reality.

The really odd thing is the kid and his cousin apparently turned her in. That suggests there's something else going on, even if it's just forceful parents that figured it out and a kid with no backbone.
Gauche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #7
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Only lucky if you assume that having your penis inside a woman is lucky.

Women are women.
__________________
“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:37 PM   #8
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Originally Posted by Antilles
You just touched on one of the focal issues of my womens studies class. Bravo!
BY all means elaborate.

We value young women's innocence, and at the same time drool at the
idea of its loss.

Brittany Spears and her PR campaign over the last 10 years comes to mind.
Also Lindsay Lohan.
__________________
“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:18 PM   #9
Antilles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: AZ
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by Chiteng
BY all means elaborate.

We value young women's innocence, and at the same time drool at the
idea of its loss.

Brittany Spears and her PR campaign over the last 10 years comes to mind.
Also Lindsay Lohan.
"...and at the same time drool at the idea of its loss."

Notice how much of a big deal a lot of people make about teenie bopper girls turning 18 and becoming "legal?"

I'm not really sure what you want me to elaborate on, you really just pointed out one big aspect of what Rheaton stated. Sex sells, that is very true, and Rheaton tipped his hat to that.
__________________
Formerly:
Antilles the Fire Caller - [60 Warlord]
Qenelar Darklighter - [53 Reaver]
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:18 PM   #10
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
When a 25ish year old man does something with a 14 year old girl, the man is a perverted sicko outcast from society. When its a 25 year old woman with a 14 year old boy..welll..
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:17 AM   #11
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Only lucky if you assume that having your penis inside a woman is lucky.
Fag.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 AM   #12
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Sorry, couldn't resist

Is 14 the magic fucking number for twisted teachers or something? Seems every time you hear about a case like this, it's with a 14-year-old boy. Sheesh, where were these teachers when I was 14?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:55 AM   #13
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
I think the legal age could possibly be dropped to 16. Don't think I would want to go further than that though.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:03 AM   #14
Rheaton
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,366
It already is 16 in many states. Thats the reason this teacher is in such hot water..

LaFave was arrested in June on charges of committing lewd or lascivious battery (search) on a person younger than 16
__________________
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 06:26 AM   #15
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
The 'legal age' is one of those few government topics that I believe can only be based on opinions. To determine if someone is old enough to legally consent to have sex, you can't really look at a bunch of charts and graphs to tell you that. Its all based on personal opinion. I agree that no 30 year old should go around having sex with an 8 year old child and that laws are needed, but its a big grey area as to where. Some 14 year olds are probably as mature as some other 20 year olds.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:11 AM   #16
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
"Pinky promise" /snicker
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #17
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Bowels of Hell, A.K.A. New Jersey
Posts: 9,564
If this happened to me my dad would be pissed off. he would be mad HE didnt get to score with a cute bitch like that and even madder that i would rat her out. That kid has to be some kind of fag to drop a dime on her. Does he think poon drops in your lap like that all the time? poor kid, hes gonna dream about that woman for the rest of his life.
__________________
Chukzombi Astrocreep
Magister (re-united)
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:23 PM   #18
Vidden
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Texas - DFW Area
Posts: 1,253
Originally Posted by chukzombi
If this happened to me my dad would be pissed off. he would be mad HE didnt get to score with a cute bitch like that and even madder that i would rat her out. That kid has to be some kind of fag to drop a dime on her. Does he think poon drops in your lap like that all the time? poor kid, hes gonna dream about that woman for the rest of his life.
LMAO. I know that it doesnt ever just "drop" into my lap, thats for damn sure...

Only lucky if you assume that having your penis inside a woman is lucky.
I second that Fag comment.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 12:43 PM   #19
kanibaal
korpse
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 796
What happen to that kid is just about every boy's dream at that age.

I third that Fag comment.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 02:29 PM   #20
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Well I can tell you that having women in your life, is NOT always a blessing.
Ask any divorced man who has been ground into the dirt by his ex-wife.

In addition to this, women have a curious attitude towards what 'faithfull' means.

It may well be that you are NOT the only person who has had your penis
in her body.

Simple truths, that are hard to take.

I had a woman that I respected tell me once 'Fidelity is nice, but I like sex'

Sadly, they DONT wear signs on their foreheads warning you.
__________________
“It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.”

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 06:13 PM   #21
Vennetia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Japan, atm
Posts: 56
Send a message via Yahoo to Vennetia
Originally Posted by Chiteng
women have a curious attitude towards what 'faithfull' means.
Uh... you should say that SOME women do... and what about men?? I suppose that men are all virtuous dopes that have been "ground into the dirt" by women... please....


I had a woman that I respected tell me once 'Fidelity is nice, but I like sex'
You need to get out more.. or circulate in a different social set...

Not all women are heartless bitches looking for the next conquest with a fat wallet... and not all men are biggoted pigs that think that fidelity is making sure your "other" girlfriend doesnt find out...
Vennetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.