Thread: Certain of God?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #158
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Axgar
I know what you meant but the way you said it was implying that we need to respect gay people.

In my opinion the words respect and gay should not be together, the words respect and white man should not be together as for the words respect and black or hispanic or indian or jew........... people should try earn the respect of people for who they are not what they are, in my opinion if someone respects me because I do something good for them or to them or around them it means more than if the respect me just because Im all crippled up or something.
I start every person out at the same level of basic human respect. Where they go from there is entirely up to them.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote