View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 02:04 PM   #40
Caelie123

They aren't the same. Its stupid for smokers to compare the two.
Of course you would see it that way. Obese people always have an excuse for being obese just like us smokers always have an excuse as to why we smoke. I have no excuse other than I enjoy a smoke. I stopped smoking for about 2 days a couple of weeks ago and thought "why the hell am I quitting? I enjoy a cigarette."
Therefore I will continue to smoke knowing that it may kill me. I'm not one of those people that think lung cancer won't happen to me. I know it can. I also know that I could die from breast cancer, colon cancer, heart disease or a car wreck. I refuse to live in a bubble over what might happen to me. I have accepted the fact that I am going to die "one day" of something. You are too. We're all gonna die.
You people act like we can't read the warnings. Every smoker know's it's unhealthy. We make our choice and take our chances just like we all do everyday when we get behind the wheel of a car or eat to much fast food.

As far as non smokers complaining about second hand smoke. You have every right to complain. Just don't go overboard. Be considerate of the smoker just like we try to be considerate of you.