Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Erollisi Marr - The Nameless (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/index.php)
-   Steam Vent (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dean out (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19076)

Hormadrune 02-18-2004 11:57 AM

Dean out

My man Howie says goodbye

I still like the guy but the country was not going to elect him, so I'm glad he's stopped the nonsense. I hope he gets some good experience in the next 4 years and maybe we'll see him again in 08 or 12

Rheaton 02-18-2004 12:47 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHAHH! HA HAAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!! *snort snort* BAHAHAHAHAH!

"Go home Dean!!! and take your assorted nuts with you! HAHAHAH!

Sorry... couldnt help myself

Trith 02-18-2004 01:28 PM

At least I can sleep a tiny bit better tonight nowing that that crazy asshat won't make it to the Whitehouse....now if we can just get the nation to see the real John Fonda..err Kerry we will have zero worries this November.

Hormadrune 02-18-2004 01:43 PM

Sorry Trith: you have lots of worries this November and you know it. The momentum continues building... :)

I don't blame you though- Bush will get destroyed on issue-politics. His best bet is to conduct the dirtiest campaign possible. If you can't fight a guy fair and square, kick him in the nuts, throw sand in his eyes, whatever. That's the Karl Rove way. Hell, screw with us too badly, we'll out your CIA operative wife too! Theresa Heinz beware!

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 02:01 PM

Trith has more than November to worry about. If Kerry loses against Bush (or Edwards, since he still has a good shot at the nomination should Dean give him his delegates), then it will be President Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2008! And don't even think for a moment that Jeb Bush has a chance. By 2008, people will be so sick of George Bush that they will vote for anything other than a Bush!

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 04:09 PM

Quote:

Bush will get destroyed on issue-politics. His best bet is to conduct the dirtiest campaign possible. If you can't fight a guy fair and square, kick him in the nuts, throw sand in his eyes, whatever. That's the Karl Rove way.
It's funny you say that because I think you have your parties reversed. I've seen a hell of a lot of Anti-Bush propaganda then anti-Kerry propaganda. Especally considering all this Bush military service crap.

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 04:10 PM

Hillary vs Powell for '08. That would be a fun election.

Trith 02-18-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Sorry Trith: you have lots of worries this November and you know it. The momentum continues building... :)

I don't blame you though- Bush will get destroyed on issue-politics. His best bet is to conduct the dirtiest campaign possible. If you can't fight a guy fair and square, kick him in the nuts, throw sand in his eyes, whatever. That's the Karl Rove way. Hell, screw with us too badly, we'll out your CIA operative wife too! Theresa Heinz beware!

You mean like you guys on the left have with the outright lies regarding Bush's Guard service? If we take a few pointers from you guys on lying and propaganda we will win all the states.

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trith
You mean like you guys on the left have with the outright lies regarding Bush's Guard service?

I know, it just kills you to read THE TRUTH about your little draft dodging, dictator wannabie, Bushiepoo!

I love it!

:D :D

Oh, and before you come back with "prove it", just return to the thread dealing with W's draft dodging ways and deal with the arguments there. KK?

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 06:45 PM

He did it legally, I don't see what the problem is. At least he served his country.

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus Faticus
At least he served his country.

Served his country? Oh, you mean by helping a friend out in his campaign. Or, do you mean by daddy pulling strings kicking him ahead in line on a one year waiting list to get into the Texas Air National Guard? Which effectively meant someone else's son had to go active duty and really serve his country in Vietnam. Is that the sort of "service" that makes you proud? Causes you to want to stand up and salute Bush as a brave soldier?

Geesh!

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 06:57 PM

Quote:

Causes you to want to stand up and salute Bush as a brave soldier?
I never said that. Anyways, do you think that people in the national guard aren't really serving their country? I'd hate to think about how you feel about the folks in the reserves...

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

do you think that people in the national guard aren't really serving their country? I'd hate to think about how you feel about the folks in the reserves...

Of course people who enlist in the Guard today are serving their country, but you are kidding yourself if you believe Bush really served his country. Prancing around in a flight suit doesn't count. I truly believe that if his guard unit had been called up for active duty, then he would have been quickly transferred to another unit.

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 07:14 PM

Has the National Guard changed since then?

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 07:25 PM

Quote:

Has the National Guard changed since then?

You used the present tense in your question.

Your new question is to open ended.

I would say that if the circumstances today were the same as those during Vietnam, and we had the son of a priveleged family who ranked the lowest he could on his flight exam, but yet was bounced ahead hundreds of people, on a waiting list of atleast a year long, to get into the guard (people more deserving than he), then I would have to say that this "son" is a cock-sucking loser and is not serving his country. Furthermore, he would be a disgrace to the uniform for effectively sending somebody else on that waiting list to take his place in the draft and forced to serve in the war and possibly die.

Make sense now?

Maximus Faticus 02-18-2004 08:58 PM

I'm sure almost any GI in Bush's position would have done the same thing. I can't say I've met anyone who wanted to fight in Vietnam.

Bottom line though is he still served his country. He did enlist in the armed forces, and was honorably discharged. It might not have been heroric, but he did serve.
Quote:

he would be a disgrace to the uniform for effectively sending somebody else on that waiting list to take his place in the draft and forced to serve in the war and possibly die.
Survival of the fittest. If I were in Bush Sr's shoes I would have done the same thing for my son. I'd do anything to make sure my son would live a long and happy life.

Lurikeen 02-18-2004 09:10 PM

Quote:

Survival of the fittest. If I were in Bush Sr's shoes I would have done the same thing for my son. I'd do anything to make sure my son would live a long and happy life.

Really? Anything?

:rolleyes:

Azraelwrath 02-18-2004 10:09 PM

A political Cartoon in the NYT had a drawing of Dean exposing his breast like JJ to me more of an attention whore, which is what he is. Its a good thing he is out because I was getting sick of him.

Hey I didn't see it on the news, but could anyone link me an article of Dean getting angry after the Iowa cacus?

chukzombi 02-19-2004 12:54 AM

Dean was dead as shit the second he started thinking he was somebody and started screaming his head off. Its a good thing he wasnt the Dem ticket becuase he would have fucking lost for sure, not that it matters anymore but Dean also lost a court decision to seal his governor records up for 10 years. all his fuckups would have come out if he got the nomination.

Now lets hope Rudolph Hess err John Kerry falls apart and clears the way for John Edwards.

Ulujain 02-19-2004 02:35 AM

Quote:

I'm sure almost any GI in Bush's position would have done the same thing. I can't say I've met anyone who wanted to fight in Vietnam.

I need to introduce you to an uncle of mine back home in Australia, Maximus. He signed up for no other reason so he could go to Vietnam and kill some "ching-chongs" (his words).

Hormadrune 02-19-2004 07:08 AM

Quote:

Survival of the richest and most well connected perhaps. :rolleyes: Lesser men like the Bushes have had the poor fighting wars for their political and financial gain throughout recorded history. Social Darwinism has been thoroughly debunked btw: it's an ugly, ugly concept.

The WSJ ran an article yesterday discussing Germany's draft system. Sounds like a great idea actually, one I'd certainly back here.

Basically, everyone does a year's service. But those who don't want duty that could require combat, can opt out for an equivalent tour doing civilian service.

Sadly though, it appears Germany is phasing out their draft system.

I think it would be a great idea for the US to have something like this: everyone goes at age 18 (or upon graduating HS) for a year, maybe 2.

Never ever gonna happen though.

Flub Man 02-19-2004 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Survival of the richest and most well connected perhaps. :rolleyes: Lesser men like the Bushes have had the poor fighting wars for their political and financial gain throughout recorded history.

Wasn't Bush Sr a WWII war hero? Are you calling him a lesser man? Do you like CCR? There was an interesting show in John Fogerty. He was able to get into the National Guard at the height of the war. I guess he is one of your lesser men too.

Hormadrune 02-19-2004 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flub Man
Wasn't Bush Sr a WWII war hero? Are you calling him a lesser man? Do you like CCR? There was an interesting show in John Fogerty. He was able to get into the National Guard at the height of the war. I guess he is one of your lesser men too.

That's fair Flub: Bush Sr. served with honor and deserves respect in that sense.

However, his conduct in other affairs, IMO, does make him a lesser man. But you're right- not with regard to military service.

Quote:

Some folks are born made to wave the flag,
ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail To The Chief",
oh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me,
I ain't no senator's son,
I ain't no fortunate one, no,

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman come to the door,
Lord, the house look a like a rummage sale, yes,

I ain't no millionaire's son.
I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Yeh, some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, how much should we give,
oh, they only answer, more, more, more.

I ain't no military son,
I ain't no fortunate one,

I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
I ain't no fortunate son.

-John Fogerty, CCR

Title of notable Bush biography: "Fortunate Son" ;)

Ebino 02-19-2004 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
Oh, and before you come back with "prove it", just return to the thread dealing with W's draft dodging ways and deal with the arguments there. KK?

There were legitimate arguments in that thread? Damn. I must have missed those.

Lurikeen 02-19-2004 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebino
There were legitimate arguments in that thread? Damn. I must have missed those.

You likely missed them because we don't have a crayon font to use in our posts. That's ok though, just go back to reading your Barney the Dinosaur books.