Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Erollisi Marr - The Nameless (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/index.php)
-   Steam Vent (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Open mouth insert foot. (http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33405)

Ini 10-31-2006 05:15 PM

Open mouth insert foot.

For those that wanted so bad the Dems to get the upper hand, one of their own always manages to ruin their shit.

Kerry pulled a good one today. Regardless who he was talking about, the comment should have never been made. The Dems want to claim they own the moral high ground, but allow their elite (or so he is considered) to run his mouth like this. It shows their true intelligence, and lack of tact and composure. Personally, it looked like an eight year old crying because his team lost the kickball game and is still pissed about it.

Boo fucking hooo Kerry. Grow up you pussy and admit you lost to G.W. Bush in 04.

Drysdale 10-31-2006 05:47 PM

Kerry's Response:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061031/D8L3SB884.html

Quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) - The White House and Sen. John Kerry traded their harshest accusations since the 2004 presidential race on Tuesday, with President Bush accusing the Democrat of troop-bashing and Kerry calling the president's men hacks who are "willing to lie."

The war of words, tough even for this hard-fought campaign season, came after Kerry told a group of California students on Monday that those unable to navigate the country's education system "get stuck in Iraq."

The two parties are searching for any edge amid indications Democrats could take back the House and possibly win control of the Senate in next week's midterm elections. Though neither Bush nor Kerry is on any ballot, the bitterness with which they fought each other as 2004 rivals spilled over as both campaign hard for their parties in a race shaped in large measure by public doubts about the Iraq war.

White House press secretary Tony Snow was asked about Kerry's comment at his regular briefing with reporters, and had clearly come prepared with a lengthy attack. He said the quote "fits a pattern" of negative remarks about U.S. soldiers from the decorated Vietnam veteran and suggested that whether Democratic candidates - particularly those running on their military service backgrounds - agree with their 2004 standard-bearer should be a campaign litmus test.

The White House also released in advance remarks Bush was to deliver later in the day while campaigning in Georgia, in which the president called Kerry's statement "insulting and shameful." Bush, like his spokesman earlier, said soldiers deserve an apology from Kerry.

"Our troops did not enlist because they did not study hard in school or do their homework," Bush said in his prepared remarks for a former GOP congressman, Mac Collins, who is trying to oust Democratic Rep. Jim Marshall. "The men and women who serve in our all-volunteer armed forces are plenty smart and are serving because they are patriots."

Kerry, who is considering another run for the White House in 2008, angrily fired back.

His statement called Republicans "assorted right-wing nut jobs."

And at a hastily arranged news conference in Seattle, Kerry said: "I apologize to no one for my criticism of the president and of his broken policy."

Kerry said the comment in question was "a botched joke about the president and the president's people, not about the troops ... and they know that's what I was talking about."

It came during a campaign rally for California Democratic gubernatorial candidate Phil Angelides. Kerry opened his speech at Pasadena City College with several one-liners, saying at one point that Bush had lived in Texas but now "lives in a state of denial."

He then said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

That, Kerry said, was meant as a reference to Bush, not troops. Kerry said it is the president who owes U.S. soldiers an apology - for "a Katrina foreign policy" that misled the country into war in Iraq, failed to adequately study and plan for the aftermath, has not properly equipped troops and has expanded the terrorist threat.

The Massachusetts Democrat called the White House attack "a classic GOP textbook Republican campaign tactic" that reveals Republicans'"willingness to reduce anything in America to raw politics."

"I'm sick and tired of a bunch of despicable Republicans who will not debate real policy, who won't take responsibility for their own mistakes, standing up and trying to make other people the butt of those mistakes," he said. "It disgusts me that a bunch of these Republican hacks who've never worn the uniform of our country are willing to lie about those who did."

Unsubstantiated allegations about Kerry's Vietnam War heroism from a group called Swift Boat Veterans for Truth figured prominently in the 2004 Kerry-Bush race. Even Kerry has blamed his slow and uncertain response to the group's claims for helping to doom his White House chances, and Democrats viewed the Tuesday fracas as a test of that lesson.

"Enough is enough. We're not going to stand for this," Kerry said. "We are going to stay in their face with the truth."

Other Republicans, sensing opportunity for their side, piled on throughout the day with their own demands for an apology from Kerry.

GOP Sen. John McCain, like Kerry a decorated Vietnam veteran and a potential 2008 rival, said while campaigning for Republican candidates in Indiana that "the suggestion that only the least educated Americans would agree to serve in the military and fight in Iraq is an insult to every soldier serving in combat today."

Added House Speaker Dennis Hastert, R-Ill., struggling to keep his party in control of Congress: "Our soldiers risk their lives in the face of grave dangers on the battlefield, and no one who chooses to courageously and selflessly defend our country can be considered 'uneducated.'"

Separately, the White House issued President Bush's Veterans' Day proclamation praising those who have served in the armed forces - a week and a half before the holiday.

---

Associated Press Writer Michael Blood in Los Angeles, Mike Smith in Indianapolis, and contributed to this report.

Ini 10-31-2006 09:03 PM

Someone hand that man another shovel, the hole he is digging just keeps getting more deep, and more wide with every word that spews from his cockholster.

Chiteng 10-31-2006 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ini
Someone hand that man another shovel, the hole he is digging just keeps getting more deep, and more wide with every word that spews from his cockholster.

What a pity it doesnt matter =)

Kerry doesnt run the country, BUSH does.

Iraq is BUSH's problem.

Beal 10-31-2006 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiteng
What a pity it doesnt matter =)

Kerry doesnt run the country, BUSH does.

Iraq is BUSH's problem.

Yes, how dare you start a thread without bashing Bush!

Tuan00Dorf 10-31-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beal
Yes, how dare you start a thread without bashing Bush!

How could you not when company's are outsourcing labor!? Bush needs to stop it now so the suffering North Dakota economy can thrive!!! Afterall the government is supposed to spoon feed us whenever anything happens! (Yes Chiteng, we all know you don't currently live in ND you just bring it up in every thread when talking about the economy, then don't even respond to statistics showing how your preconcieved notions are fairy tales).

Oakinbier 10-31-2006 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuan00Dorf
How could you not when company's are outsourcing labor!? Bush needs to stop it now so the suffering North Dakota economy can thrive!!! Afterall the government is supposed to spoon feed us whenever anything happens! (Yes Chiteng, we all know you don't currently live in ND you just bring it up in every thread when talking about the economy, then don't even respond to statistics showing how your preconcieved notions are fairy tales).

ND should be thriving since all the spouses from that state are in Iraq making some serious cash according to Kerry.

/duck

Axgar 11-01-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuan00Dorf

your right...outsourcing stared after 2001

by the way when shit hits the fan........ Ill shoot you/cowards first.

Brigiid 11-01-2006 04:30 AM

I can believe that he meant it to be a jab at Bush. I don't think he'd intentionally publicly insult our troops, regardless of what he really thinks behind closed doors. It's just a really bad PR move.

For PR's sake, I do think he should at least apologize to the soldiers for the confusion, because he definitely could've worded it better. Instead, he seems more interested in making sure everyone knows he isn't going to apologize to Bush. I don't really care if he apologizes to Bush or not.

Will it effect who I vote for? Only if I were considering voting for Kerry. I wouldn't boycott the entire Democratic party just because Kerry put his foot in his mouth.

I'm dreading the possibility that the Republican party will really latch onto this and just run it into the ground. Yeah, Kerry got caught with his pants down, but I'm so eternally tired of the high school character defamation process that leads up to every stinking election.

FafnerMorell 11-01-2006 04:44 AM

It shows that Kerry is still thinking of a Vietnam-era conflict - where half the males in college are there to defer getting drafted. Obviously, that doesn't apply today, and most of the folks in the armed services that I've met are all pretty top-notch in terms of intellect, ability, and ambition.

If nothing else, it's something other than Foley in the political news, and that's good news for the GOP. I'm not sure it's really a huge win, because folks mind about Iraq has been made up long ago:

1/3 of the US (die-hard Neocon Bushites) think it was necessary to save Western Cilvilization, regardless of whether WMDs are found, democracy is established, or every last Iraqi has to die in order that they may be freed.

1/3 of the US (moonbat liberals) think that it was an evil conspiracy, Phantom Menance style, to impose martial law on the US and seize control of ME oil.

1/3 of the US (everyone left over) think it was a mistake and really wish it would just go away, somehow, without any worse happening and without so many Americans dying.

Tuan00Dorf 11-01-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axgar
your right...outsourcing stared after 2001

by the way when shit hits the fan........ Ill shoot you/cowards first.

I'm so scared Axgar!

chukzombi 11-01-2006 09:06 AM

supposedly this was a "botched joke" aimed at Bush, yet after he said it he didnt say 'oops i didnt mean that i meant bush is the stupid!' even though Bush is better educated and had better grades than Kerry did and were both in the military.
The explanation from the press as to what Kerry really meant is almost as funny as Kerry's stupid anti soldier comments.

Ini 11-01-2006 09:14 AM

Hi Chuk!

chukzombi 11-01-2006 09:19 AM

hi sheckcee~

Ini 11-01-2006 09:25 AM

Eh?

Beal 11-01-2006 09:33 AM

I laughed outloud when I saw this.

FafnerMorell 11-01-2006 09:38 AM

Quote:

/chuckle - yep, that's worth the click! Thanks Beal

celedine169 11-01-2006 10:27 AM

Quote:

ROFL
See, now why can't they just show THAT on the news rather than all the talking heads defending and attacking each other?

Pafuna 11-01-2006 01:50 PM

Quote:

Most brilliant political poster ever.

/salute! :thumbsup:

Chiteng 11-01-2006 03:13 PM

Yes what a pity that when someone goes to the polls, he cant vote against
Kerry. Bush is still Prez, and the election wont change much either way.

Bush is a lame duck and that is a GOOD thing.

Yoora Mook 11-01-2006 08:44 PM

I was in favor of my joke before I was not in favor of my joke.

~Mook

Beal 11-02-2006 07:41 AM

I am convinced a volunteer army would be an army of the poor and the black and the brown

Pile on some more.

:D

Chiteng 11-02-2006 08:17 AM

Yes =) If only Kerry were running for something =)

Wildane 11-02-2006 08:23 AM

Chiteng, we are discussing Kerry here, not Bush. Nobody gives a fuck about Bush right now. Nobody gives a fuck that you care about Bush right now. Go away.

Chiteng 11-02-2006 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildane
Chiteng, we are discussing Kerry here, not Bush. Nobody gives a fuck about Bush right now. Nobody gives a fuck that you care about Bush right now. Go away.

Did I say anything about Bush in my last post?